Rules for KrampusHack 2021
1. goal. You are secret santa - create a surprising gift for a selected participant.
On Monday 13 December 2021, you will be assigned one of the other participants and you have to make your game as a gift for them. Each should post a wishlist of features that they would like to see in the game. Note this is a wishlist and not a requirement list - you should tune the game to your giftee, taking the wishlist as well as the person itself into account, and create something that is a nice and thoughtful surprise to them. To make your wish list easily findable, simply post it on your own log.
2. progress log You are encouraged to keep an interesting progress record here on the tins website. Posts can be marked "spoiler", those posts will be hidden from your giftee to maintain the surprise a little bit longer.
3. Deadline: Friday 31 December 2021. End time is midnight in your own time zone. I'm not going to be very strict about time, a few hours off is fine.
4. Dropping out: As is common with game jams, there is always a risk that some people will drop out. Life interferes, you ate a little too much Turkey, or you got that cool new game for X-mas and lost all motivation to do anything else. We won't be mad. To limit the impact, please let us know as soon as possible, so that we can notify your secret santa.
If your future giftee is dropping out, then you will be notified, your gift will go to the next person in the chain (your giftee's giftee). You then get the choice of using the original wishlist, the new wishlist, or a clever mix of the two. You'll have to see what is achievable based on the remaining time. Remember, the wishlists are for fun and inspiration, you won't be judged on adherence to them.
If you drop out, it would be appreciated if you prepare an e-card for your giftee instead.
5. size: There is no size restriction, but for convenience sake I recommend keeping it under 50Mb (zipped). The upload system may have trouble handling larger files. If your entry ends up too large, you have to upload it in your own webspace and send around a link.
6. source: We encourage submission of the complete source code with your entry but this is not compulsory. Of course you don't have to include the source to Allegro or other publicly available libraries or frameworks
7. Code re-use You may re-use any code and assets that you are legally allowed to do so: public domain, your own, etc. You do not have to start from scratch, you are allowed to do prep work before, or even re-use an existing game.
8. Allegro & other libs You are encouraged to use allegro, but this is not compulsory.
9. Results There is no voting, there are no prizes awarded. This event is just for fun!