Rules for Krampus Hack 2019
1. goal. Create a game as a gift for your secret santa.
On Friday 13 December 2019, you will be assigned one of the other participants and you have to make your game as a gift for them. Each should post a wishlist of features that they would like to see in the game. So the rules of your game will depend on the wishes of your secret santa.
2. progress log Keep an interesting progress record here on the tins website. This progress record is very important, as it will be voted on, and used for determining the winner. During krampushack, your secret santa's logs will be hidden from you to maintain the surprise a little bit longer.
3. Deadline: Tuesday 31 December 2019. End time is midnight in your own time zone. I'm not going to be very strict about time, a few hours off is fine.
4. Dropping out: As is common with game jams, there is always a risk that some people will drop out. Life interferes, you ate a little too much Turkey, or you got that cool new Pokémon game for X-mas and lost all motivation to do anything else. We won't be mad. To limit the impact, please let us know as soon as possible, so that we can notify your secret santa.
If your future giftee is dropping out, then you will be notified, your gift will go to the next person in the chain (your giftee's giftee). You then get the choice of using the original wishlist, the new wishlist, or a clever mix of the two. You'll have to see what is achievable based on the remaining time. Remember, the wishlists are for fun and inspiration, you won't be judged on adherence to them.
5. size: There is no size restriction, but for convenience sake I recommend keeping it under 5Mb (zipped). The upload system may have trouble handling larger files. If your entry ends up too large, you have to upload it in your own webspace and send around a link.
6. source: We encourage submission of the complete source code with your entry but this is not compulsory. Of course you don't have to include the source to Allegro or other publicly available libraries or frameworksp>
7. Code re-use You may re-use any code and assets that you are legally allowed to do so: public domain, your own, etc. You do not have to start from scratch, you are allowed to do prep work before, or even re-use an existing game.
8. Allegro & other libs You are encouraged to use allegro, but this is not compulsory.