Rules for easter hack
1. goal. Unlike previous competitions, the goal is to improve an existing game rather than create a new one. So work on an existing game that you always planned to improve. You may start something new if you don't have any suitable existing game, but that is discouraged. Start with something that is playable, and keep it in a releasable state all the time. So even if you give up halfway, you still have a playable game that is no worse than what you started with.
2. progress log Keep an interesting progress record here on the tins website. This progress record is very important, as it will be voted on, and used for determining the winner.
3. easter egg Bonus rule: You have to add an Easter egg to your game
4. Deadline: Easter Sunday (April 16). End time is midnight in your own time zone. I'm not going to be very strict about time, a few hours off is fine. Suggested start time is April 8, but since you work on an existing game there is no point in forbidding you to write code before that, so I won't forbid that.
5. size: There is no size restriction, but for convenience sake I recommend keeping it under 5Mb (zipped). The upload system may have trouble handling larger files. If your entry ends up too large, you have to upload it in your own webspace and send around a link.
6. source: We encourage submission of the complete source code with your entry but this is not compulsory. Of course you don't have to include the source to Allegro.
7. Allegro & other libs You are encouraged to use allegro, but this is not compulsory.
8. reviewing and deciding a winner. The winner will be decided not on the entries themselves, but on the progress logs. Its up to the voters to decide which quality of the progress logs they find more important - this could be entertainment value, or grammatical correctness, or sheer volume of text, or impressiveness of the described hacking prowess. This is up to you. All entries will be reviewed as well, and to ensure that each entry will be reviewed, each entrant will be assigned one entry to review.